The Admission Senior Intern (SI) position is a professional internship with the Office of Admission. Open to all members of the Class of 2024, Senior Interns are tasked with the critically important role of serving as Wesleyan ambassadors to prospective students, families, school and community-based organization counselors, and visitors to the University. The core components of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Co-lead one-hour information sessions with Admission deans to visitors both in-person and virtually
• Regularly engage in WesChats: informational video conversations focused on informing prospective students about Wesleyan
• Sit on panels during Open Houses and WesFest.
• Conduct targeted outreach to priority prospective student populations.
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias while promoting a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces and celebrates the contributions of all team members and prospective students/families
• Provide programmatic support for a variety of areas such as communications, international recruitment, data analytics and diversity/equity/inclusion initiatives.
Senior Interns are expected to work 6-10 hours per week during the academic year, with the potential for on-campus or virtual work over the summer as well. Compensation is $18 per hour during the academic year and $19 per hour over the summer.
Who We Seek
All candidates for the position are required to be in good standing with the University and in residence for the duration of the 2023-24 academic year. Given the high visibility and gravitas of the Admission Senior Intern position, competitive applicants will possess the following key attributes:
• A sound academic record with completed coursework in variety of departments, demonstrating an embrace of the Open Curriculum; students of all majors and minors are welcome
• Active engagement in co-curricular and extracurricular activities
• Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to represent Wesleyan honestly, enthusiastically, and eloquently
• A steadfast commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; the ability to comfortably interact with audiences from a wide variety of backgrounds is a must
• A high level of integrity and ability to sensitively handle confidential information
• Strong time management and punctuality
• An interest in learning about the college access profession including student recruitment, selection, yield, and financial aid.
The Application Process
Applications are due to the Office of Admission by Monday, March 27th at 9:00 AM (the end of spring break). The interview process will tentatively begin on Monday, April 10th. The first round of interviews will be in a group format, and should the size of the applicant pool allow, all applicants will be invited to participate; if not, the strength of the written application will determine who we interview. During the group interview, candidates will be asked to give a 5-minute oral presentation on the topic of their choice. Candidates emerging from the group interviews will have an individual interview the following week. Final hiring decisions will be announced on Friday, April 21st. Please contact Taylor Brown, Associate Dean of Admission (email@example.com) with any question