Meet Anya Kisicki, Winter Orientation Intern

Hey Hi Hello! My name is Anya Kisicki (she/her), I’m a junior at Wes, and I’ll be creating and facilitating the Winter Orientation for incoming students!

A little bit about me: I hail from Phoenix, Arizona and I am double majoring in Government and in the College of Letters, a three-year multidisciplinary program that merges the studies of history, literature, and philosophy. I am also pursuing a minor in Film Studies. Outside of Orientation Work, I work at Wesleyan’s Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development to help plan student events on campus and as an Academic Peer Advisor. You can also find me stirring up beverages at the local coffee shop, Perkatory, on Pocotopaug Lake with the Sailing Team, or on a film set designing the lights for student-run thesis productions. Additionally, I am currently working to build a new campus group that focuses on creating space for non-cis males (womxn) interested in Film to network and hold campus-wide events.

I interned for Orientation after my freshmen summer and stayed on the team during my sophomore year. I look forward to planning and actualizing a fulfilling and manageable virtual orientation program for you all! Until Orientation officially begins in January, I will be holding office hours on Mondays between 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM EST. Feel free to drop by or shoot me an email (akisicki@wesleyan.edu) with any question or concern you have about starting at Wes in the spring. I am here as a resource for you, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

And this is the zoom link for my office hours: https://wesleyan.zoom.us/j/96868276721